Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

Forum rules

(1) Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
(2) Off topic posts are limited to active members who have actually posted on-topic in one of the chess-oriented sections in the past. Any user whose first post does not relate to chess will be banned permanently. Posts in the Introduction section do not count.
(3) Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Be tolerant at any time. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated.
(4) Discussions on political and religious topics are not allowed. Posts containing elements thereof will be redacted or deleted and a temporary or permanent ban may be placed upon the user.
Discussions on politics in chess organisations and the way politics affect chess are allowed.
(4a) Drug use references are not allowed and discussions on drugs are not allowed.
(5) Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members have something to report they are welcome to bring it to the attention of moderator either by a PM or in this thread: http://www.chessforums.org/forum-new...moderator.html
(6) If you wish to report a PM please forward the PM to a moderator and leave a post here: http://www.chessforums.org/forum-new...moderator.html. Don't hesitate to report a PM if you believe it violates the forum rules, even if someone else has already reported a (similar) PM by the same user; having more reports makes it easier for the moderators to take action.
(7) These rules apply to forum posts as well as private messages (PMs).
(8) Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons (smilies), large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts.
(9) Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "New Game: Perseus - SomeOtherPlayer", "Two Knights Defense: Fritz Variation and sidelines", etc.
(10) Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance.
(11) Continuously linking your own website to promote it is not allowed. You may use your signature (which will come up beneath all your posts) for this purpose.
(12) Members should refrain from posting without adding to the discussion. Posting just to increase postcount is not allowed.
(13) Combine your comments into one post rather than making many consecutive posts to a thread within a short period of time. This can be done by clicking the 'edit' button next to your post.
If your last post, which is the last in the thread, is very old you may use the following trick to make sure it's bumped up to the new posts. Click on the 'edit' button of your last post. Copy the content of the post. Click delete and delete your last post. Paste the content of the now-deleted post in a new post, add what you will and click 'submit reply'.
(13a) You are not allowed to make consecutive posts. If you post more than once without a reply from another user, all posts after the first will be deleted.
(13b) Exceptions may be made for specific types of threads.
(14) Warez are intellectual property (software/music/movies/tv-series/tv-shows/etc) either through download, serial, or crack in a manner that breaks its copyright and/or license. You are not allowed to give/link to/ask for/advocate/provide information for obtaining and the use of warez.
Bittorrent links are not allowed.
(14a) The following international treaties apply:
-Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (Berne Convention) (Berne, 1886)
-Universal Copyright Convention (UCC) (Geneva, 1952)
-Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) (Marrakesh, 1994)
-World Intellectual Property Organization Copyright Treaty (WIPO Copyright Treaty) (Geneva, 1996)
(15) Books published before 1920 are considered free of copyright and e-books thereof are not warez. Books published after 1920 with permission from the author are considered free of copyright and e-books thereof are not warez provided it can within reason be established that permission has been given. All other books are considered copyrighted and e-books thereof are considered warez.
(16) Usernames that contain obscene or vulgar language or denigrate individuals and/or organisations are not allowed.
(17) Users may only delete their own posts on the grounds that they constitute a severe breach of these rules. Even when this is the case, the editing of the post to effect repairs must at all times be considered first.
The emptying of posts (substituting the content by non-content) is explicitely considered a breach of this rule.
Deletion of whole batches of posts harms thread continuity and the forum as a whole and the Moderation team will take action; in the most extreme case an account may be permanently banned to preserve the posted.
(18) Administrators (Admins) and Moderators (Mods) reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. is up to them and not to forum members.
(19) Aforementioned Admins and Mods reserve the right to edit this list of rules at anytime.
See more
See less

Attila Turzo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attila Turzo

Dear Players,

I would like to introduce myself to the community. I was born in Kecskemét, Hungary in 1978. I got a chess set from my maternal grand father around age 6. My step father taught me the moves. Nearly every weekend I was at my other grandparent’s house playing chess with my grand father. When I lost, I usually cried.

At age seven, I had a chess course in school. The teacher noticed my talent and invited me to train at the local chess club. There I had two group training sessions weekly. Each lasted two hours. One hour of study and one hour of 5-minute games with the other children. This lasted until around age fourteen. From age ten to twenty I won many junior championships. I was champion of my city and county at various times.

I played in the Hungarian top adult team league at age twelve in the team of my home town. I changed to team Miskolc at age fifteen and won the Hungarian team championship five times. When I was eighteen, I moved to Miskolc. My new trainer, Tibor Karolyi, helped me to become an international master at age eighteen. I became Hungarian junior champion at age twenty.

I began to teach children and play for the team as my full time profession at age 18. I gave individual lessons, group lessons to the 2nd team, and lectures in schools. From age eighteen, I played only a few tourna*ments and concentrated on teaching.

In 2001 I became one of the first chess teachers on the net. I gave hundreds of simuls and worked for several internet chess companies, including ICC, World Chess Network, and USCL. I won the Unna Open 2003 International Tournament in Germany with a perfect 7/7 score and a better than 2700 rating performance.

I created teaching videos for ChessLecture.com. I worked full time for ChessPark.com between 2006-2009. I resumed se rious chess in September 2009 and started to teach again. I won a closed international master tourney in Bu*dapest in December 2009.

Some miles stones of my chess career:

started at age 7
    more then 20 gold medals in scholastic tournaments.
    International Master at age 18
    Hungarian Junior Champion at age 19
    represented Hungary in 2 Junior World Championships and a European Junior Championship
    Winning the Unna open 2003 tournament in Germany with a perfect 7/7 score and a 2700+ rating performance
    1st place in more then 10 international tournaments
    I was the first commentator on chess.fm first internet chess radio.
    I started to coach players when I was 16 years old
    one of the first chess coaches who started to teach online in 2001.
    I wish you a blessed day!

Attila

International Chess Master

webpage: http://attilaturzo.com/

You can follow me on twitter at Twitter
    Attila Turzo

International Master and Chess Coach

www.atttilaturzo.com
    www.chessholidays.net

wow, quite impressive! Indeed.
    But I get the feeling that this post is more of "bragging" / "advertisement" than "introduction"...

I don't know maybe it's just me.

Comment

Trolling for students, I think. I am always skeptical of people claiming to be a titled player. Over the years I have seen too many of them who turned out to be fake. It would be nice if the webmasters would verify their identity, but I have never seen that happen anywhere except on chess.dom. Titled players rarely give out anything for free. At one US Championship a group of us were analyzing a game and a former champ was watching. When someone asked his opinion the snot said, “Show me some money.” He was told, well, I will leave it to your imagination.
      The Hoppers

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonWShowalter View Post
        Trolling for students, I think. I am always skeptical of people claiming to be a titled player. Over the years I have seen too many of them who turned out to be fake. It would be nice if the webmasters would verify their identity, but I have never seen that happen anywhere except on chess.dom. Titled players rarely give out anything for free. At one US Championship a group of us were analyzing a game and a former champ was watching. When someone asked his opinion the snot said, “Show me some money.” He was told, well, I will leave it to your imagination.
        Whatever happened to warm, grandfatherly old gents in suits who'd take time to explain something basic about chess to a 1500 between games against the top 40 players of the world...
        Have you read the Forum rules?

Queeg: Pawn to King Four. Holly: Horsie to King Bish Three.
        Rimmer: It's called a "knight," actually, Holly...
        Queeg: Knight to King Bishop three. Holly: Queen to Rook Eight. Checkmate.
        Queeg: That's an illegal move. Holly: Oh, sorry. Queens don't move like that. I was thinking of poker.
        Holly: Cleudo? You could be Colonel Mustard.
        Cat: If it's any help, I've been studying his tactics and there's a pattern emerging: Every time you make a move, he makes one too. *Winks to Holly*
        Holly: *Winks back* Thanks, Cat.
        --Red Dwarf

Comment

Advertisement? (link)
          Last edited by gigenieks; 12-30-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
            Whatever happened to warm, grandfatherly old gents in suits who'd take time to explain something basic about chess to a 1500 between games against the top 40 players of the world...
            Those old guys had a love-of-game instead of a love-of-self.

It's been too much "rock-star" mentality since Fischer.
            "They work at the pace of amnesia."--M. Bloch

Comment

Yes, there were some. Guys like Arthur Bisguier, Edmar Mednis, Andy Soltis, IM Milan Vukcevich, Jim Tarjan to name a few.

Edit: I forgot to mention a couple other super-nice guys – Bill Lombardy. And Max Euwe who was very kind to a 14 year–old who had the temerity to ask for his autograph.
              Last edited by JacksonWShowalter; 12-30-2011, 02:39 PM.
              The Hoppers

Comment

Originally posted by gigenieks View Post
                Dear gigenieks and other chess players,

I registered to several chess pages, because I will have a big chess project very soon and I would like to tell about it to as many people as possible. I hope it will give value to the community.

I am new in the forum and I wanted to write about my chess biography. Maybe I could write different things Maybe less about myself. I will think about it. Thank you for the feedback, because I will register to other forums and I may change my introduction words.

What do you suggest? About what things I should write more and what about less?

Thank you very much for your help!

Attila

webpage: http://attilaturzo.com/

Attila Turzo

www.atttilaturzo.com
                www.chessholidays.net

Comment

Originally posted by AttilaTurzo
                  ..I will have a big chess project very soon
                  Can you tell what kind of chess project?

I hope it will give value to the community.
                  IMO, if its primary purpose is to help improve ones chess-play (not to gain profit) - then it probably will.

write about my chess biography.
                  Make it shorter & less "biography". When you mention all your achievements its looks (was your intent or no) like you brag.
                  Just say you reached IM when you was 18 years old.
                  Attila

webpage: International Chess Master Attila Turzo

Also remove this from your posts! Its a lil bit annoying. You can put that kind of stuff, maybe, in signature.

Comment

Here is one problem…I have seen several people on different forums over the years claiming to be GM’s and IM’s who turned out to be fakes. It was not fair to the many people who were taken in by their fraudulent claims.

Unfortunately I’m not sure exactly how it would be possible to verify that you really are Atilla Turzo and not somebody having a good laugh at the forum reader’s expense.

Personally, I have no problem with somebody trying to make a living by playing/teaching chess and offering his services for a fee…it would be nice if I could do it. Of course, if you are going to do that then advertising is required and letting people know who you are, what you offer and your credentials is necessary.

I’m sure you understand some of us are skeptical of anybody who is after our money, especially on the internet.
                    The Hoppers

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonWShowalter View Post
                      Here is one problem…I have seen several people on different forums over the years claiming to be GM’s and IM’s who turned out to be fakes. It was not fair to the many people who were taken in by their fraudulent claims.

Unfortunately I’m not sure exactly how it would be possible to verify that you really are Atilla Turzo and not somebody having a good laugh at the forum reader’s expense.

Personally, I have no problem with somebody trying to make a living by playing/teaching chess and offering his services for a fee…it would be nice if I could do it. Of course, if you are going to do that then advertising is required and letting people know who you are, what you offer and your credentials is necessary.

I’m sure you understand some of us are skeptical of anybody who is after our money, especially on the internet.
                      Hello JacksonWShowalter,

I am verified on chess.com on ICC and on other servers. If you want I can send you a private message there or I can send you my skype name and we can speak.

Would you like to do it?

I wish you a nice day!
                      Attila Turzo

www.atttilaturzo.com
                      www.chessholidays.net

Comment

Originally posted by gigenieks View Post
                        Can you tell what kind of chess project?

IMO, if its primary purpose is to help improve ones chess-play (not to gain profit) - then it probably will.

Make it shorter & less "biography". When you mention all your achievements its looks (was your intent or no) like you brag.
                        Just say you reached IM when you was 18 years old.

Also remove this from your posts! Its a lil bit annoying. You can put that kind of stuff, maybe, in signature.
                        Thank you for your suggestions! I will make changes

I will start an online chess simul for 1000 players. The event will start at 11th January. You can find the details on my homepage.

I hope it gives possibility for many amateur players to play with an international master. The speed is 3 days/move, so there will be lot of time to find the right moves. Will you join?

I wish you a nice evening!
                        Attila
                        Attila Turzo

www.atttilaturzo.com
                        www.chessholidays.net

Comment

I have contacted Mr. Turzo at chess.com and he verified that he did, indeed, post here. Therefore I have no reason to suspect that he is anyone other than who he claims to be.
                          The Hoppers

Comment

Charlatans must be exposed!!!!!!

Sincerely

Bobby Fischer

How about informing people that you're(Attila) on vacation? thanks
                            Last edited by ketchuplover; 12-31-2011, 02:32 AM.
                            I float like a pawn island and sting like an ignored knight

Comment

Originally posted by ketchuplover View Post
                              Charlatans must be exposed!!!!!!

Sincerely

Bobby Fischer

How about informing people that you're(Attila) on vacation? thanks
                              Sorry, when I go sleep, then sometimes some of the games's time is over and then vacation time starts. When I get up I go off the vacation and you can register for the 1000 Bright Minds simul.

I wish you a Blessed New Year!
                              Attila Turzo

www.atttilaturzo.com
                              www.chessholidays.net

Comment

Working...
                              X