(1) Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
(2) Off topic posts are limited to active members who have actually posted on-topic in one of the chess-oriented sections in the past. Any user whose first post does not relate to chess will be banned permanently. Posts in the Introduction section do not count.
(3) Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Be tolerant at any time. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated.
(4) Discussions on political and religious topics are not allowed. Posts containing elements thereof will be redacted or deleted and a temporary or permanent ban may be placed upon the user.
Discussions on politics in chess organisations and the way politics affect chess are allowed.
(4a) Drug use references are not allowed and discussions on drugs are not allowed.
(5) Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members have something to report they are welcome to bring it to the attention of moderator either by a PM or in this thread: http://www.chessforums.org/forum-new...moderator.html
(6) If you wish to report a PM please forward the PM to a moderator and leave a post here: http://www.chessforums.org/forum-new...moderator.html. Don't hesitate to report a PM if you believe it violates the forum rules, even if someone else has already reported a (similar) PM by the same user; having more reports makes it easier for the moderators to take action.
(7) These rules apply to forum posts as well as private messages (PMs).
(8) Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons (smilies), large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts.
(9) Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "New Game: Perseus - SomeOtherPlayer", "Two Knights Defense: Fritz Variation and sidelines", etc.
(10) Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance.
(11) Continuously linking your own website to promote it is not allowed. You may use your signature (which will come up beneath all your posts) for this purpose.
(12) Members should refrain from posting without adding to the discussion. Posting just to increase postcount is not allowed.
(13) Combine your comments into one post rather than making many consecutive posts to a thread within a short period of time. This can be done by clicking the 'edit' button next to your post.
If your last post, which is the last in the thread, is very old you may use the following trick to make sure it's bumped up to the new posts. Click on the 'edit' button of your last post. Copy the content of the post. Click delete and delete your last post. Paste the content of the now-deleted post in a new post, add what you will and click 'submit reply'.
(13a) You are not allowed to make consecutive posts. If you post more than once without a reply from another user, all posts after the first will be deleted.
(13b) Exceptions may be made for specific types of threads.
(14) Warez are intellectual property (software/music/movies/tv-series/tv-shows/etc) either through download, serial, or crack in a manner that breaks its copyright and/or license. You are not allowed to give/link to/ask for/advocate/provide information for obtaining and the use of warez.
Bittorrent links are not allowed.
(14a) The following international treaties apply:
-Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (Berne Convention) (Berne, 1886)
-Universal Copyright Convention (UCC) (Geneva, 1952)
-Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) (Marrakesh, 1994)
-World Intellectual Property Organization Copyright Treaty (WIPO Copyright Treaty) (Geneva, 1996)
(15) Books published before 1920 are considered free of copyright and e-books thereof are not warez. Books published after 1920 with permission from the author are considered free of copyright and e-books thereof are not warez provided it can within reason be established that permission has been given. All other books are considered copyrighted and e-books thereof are considered warez.
(16) Usernames that contain obscene or vulgar language or denigrate individuals and/or organisations are not allowed.
(17) Users may only delete their own posts on the grounds that they constitute a severe breach of these rules. Even when this is the case, the editing of the post to effect repairs must at all times be considered first.
The emptying of posts (substituting the content by non-content) is explicitely considered a breach of this rule.
Deletion of whole batches of posts harms thread continuity and the forum as a whole and the Moderation team will take action; in the most extreme case an account may be permanently banned to preserve the posted.
(18) Administrators (Admins) and Moderators (Mods) reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. is up to them and not to forum members.
(19) Aforementioned Admins and Mods reserve the right to edit this list of rules at anytime.
|Chess Forums - Discussion & Strategy|
The main chess forum, the place to discuss general chess topics that do not belong in any of the other categories.
Topics: 2,031 Posts: 25,475
Last Post: 15 great chess players of the past 15 years?
Confused by the Caro-Kann? Scared of the Sicilian? Discuss chess openings here
Topics: 960 Posts: 11,149
Does success in the opening boil down to two habits?
10-08-2016, 02:12 AM
Games played through Chess Forums by members of the site
Topics: 203 Posts: 6,498
Last Post: stachu71 vs black pieces:)
Post your chess games for analysis by other Chess Forums members
Topics: 1,138 Posts: 7,162
Last Post: My ANNOTATED King's Gambit Long game!
Chess puzzles created and solved by Chess Forums members
Topics: 606 Posts: 3,562
Last Post: Retro-grade analysis
If you're new to the game of chess and find some of the more advanced conversations a tad daunting, this channel is for you.
Topics: 504 Posts: 5,136
Last Post: The death box
The mental game, the human, psychological and emotional components of the game.
Topics: 48 Posts: 911
Last Post: Carlsen "I'll Enjoy Chess to the Day I Die"
|Chess Forums - The Site|
New member? Introduce yourself to other ChessForums.org members here
Topics: 875 Posts: 4,747
Last Post: Hello
Please post any feedback & ideas about ChessForums, we appreciate your input
Topics: 144 Posts: 1,107
Last Post: Change Color of Links
Latest news and updates from ChessForums.org
Topics: 57 Posts: 746
Forum to talk about anything off-topic, not related to chess
Topics: 533 Posts: 4,903
Last Post: Really Bad Chess.. (iOS app)
|Chess Forums - Resources|
Chess news from around the world will be updated here from RSS feeds
Topics: 2,786 Posts: 4,664
Last Post: 2016 World Chess Championship...
Chess articles submitted by Chess Forums members and external sources
Topics: 164 Posts: 1,311
Last Post: My Chess Blog!
Discuss your favourite chess books and magazines here
Topics: 536 Posts: 4,253
Last Post: 101 Chess Endgame Tips
Discuss chess software & other chess websites
Topics: 1,132 Posts: 6,749
Last Post: Turn based(correspondence)site "reviews"
What's Going On
There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.
Most users ever online was 1,554 at 11:49 PM on 05-16-2016.
Chess Forums | Free Online Chess Game & Forum Statistics
Welcome to vBulletin!
To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".
Recent Blog Posts
There are no results that meet this criteria.
There are no tags yet.